Baby Bump

Friday, October 21

Reality Check

So, yesterday was a BIG day for me. Not only did I get my new driver's liscense (new name and everything!)  But I also got my teaching certificate!!

Ta Da! I'm a grown up!

yay, yay, yay!

I have been looking forward to this for a really long time, I have just been waiting until our money was right. But monday morning I bit the bullet and did it!

It's absolutely crazy how a piece of paper can make you feel about yourself. As soon as I ripped open that envelope and read my name on it and the fact that it is now legal for me to teach art anywhere in the state of Oklahoma (so cool) I got completely and udderly giddy. I just couldn't contain myself! ( I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it) I mean, four years of working towards something that I know helps define who I am and I can now go out and do it.... mind blowing. I've never really felt so sure of myself and what I my future looks like.

Then it hit me....THIS IS REAL. This is so real. Holy mackeral! I can teach... I CAN teach! WHA?? I then realized I need to get myself together and actually start acting like an art teacher. I mean I have some thoughts on what I want to teach when I get a job "some day", but I need to get ready just in case I get a job tomorrow, or next week, or in a month. I don't know what God has in store for me, I just know I better get be ready! What an amazing wake up call. I need to be prepared for my amazing future because it might come sooner than I think. 

So this is it. I'm going to be an Art Teacher. some where, some how, this is my life.                   beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment