Baby Bump

Tuesday, July 24

Strawberry Banana Muffins

I haven't done a Pinterest recipe in a while because honestly, I haven't cooked in a while. Lame house wife I know. But I did manage to whip these bad boys up a few weeks ago for Saturday morning breakfast. Let me just tell you, they are wonderful! I made them twice in one week! Granted I made the second batch without strawberries and with a whole lot more chocolate chips. (They're still healthier than a donut, right?)

Her recipe:

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup plain yogurt
2 large bananas, mashed
1/2 cup diced strawberries, plus 1 strawberry very thinly sliced
**Chocolate chips for a wonderful surprise!


Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line or spray a muffin tin. Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter browns and begins to smell nutty. Pour into a bowl and set aside to cool slightly.

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.

I tested out the chocolate chips on the bottom 4 muffins, just in case it wasn't good. What was I thinking, chocolate chips are ALWAYS good! This is why my second batch was mainly chocolate chips with some banana in there too.

In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla extract and yogurt. Whisk in the mashed bananas. Pour the butter in a very slow stream to temper the eggs and be sure they don’t curdle.

Pour the dry ingredients over the wet and incorporate with a spatula.

Fold in the strawberries until just combined.

Using an ice cream scoop, portion the batter evenly into 12 muffin tins and place a sliced strawberry on top. (I did not slice a strawberry on top)

Bake for 18-20 minutes.

Makes 12 muffins




 And BAM! Yummy deliciousness for a great breakfast or lunch or after dinner snack. I 'm a little obsessed to say the least. And this is a great way to use up those mushy bananas!

No comments:

Post a Comment