Baby Bump

Sunday, December 30

Resolution Recap


You can find the whole post here, but for now here's just a small recap.

1. Stop planning so much. I'm a planner and organizer at heart and that will never change, but I still need to find some time to do fun things with life.
 

I did really, really good with this up until my school year started. Then I had to go into planning overload. The part of the year that I did do this really helped me slow down and take life in hops and skips instead of leaps and bounds. I don't plan NEARLY as much as I used to, but I am still guilty of filling up my weekends every now and then.

2. Get Healthy. I'm a foodie, but I need to set my sights on more fruits and veggies and things from the earth rather than things in packages and bags.
I did pretty good with this for a short while, even exercised 3 days a week this summer! But once school started, it was hard enough remembering to pack a lunch, let a lone a healthy one.

3. Teach art to someone...somewhere. I really, really need for this to happen.

I taught Khyber twice a month this spring and this summer and helped with two art camps at the high school! I was off to a VERY good start and was really proud of myself for being able to mark that one completely off the list. Now I teach art to 150 someones EVERYDAY!

4. Focus on making art I like. I'm going to work on not focusing about the materials I'm "wasting" but on the experience and skill I'm gaining.

Eh, this is one that I didn't do too well on. I started out good and made a huge elephant painting that hangs in our living room, but after that we moved into my parents house and everything was mostly packed. Then, you guessed it, school started and I had no extra creative energy in my body. Hopefully this year will be better!


5. Plan my 1st years worth of teaching curriculum. I might as well be prepared to to teach if I actually think that's what's going to happen with my life. It's like praying for rain without carrying an umbrella. Just downright silly!
I'm really excited to be prepared for the next step of my life!
I was slightly forced into this one. I got to plan my first semester-ish this summer, but there was no way that I could've been prepared for how I was going to have to teach and write my lesson plans. However, at the end of may I will have a years worth of ideas to pull from for next year!


All in all I think I did pretty good. Definitely better than years in the past! I really think my game plan helped out a lot and not having a gazillion resolutions.
Steven and I will be making our new years resolutions tomorrow on his birthday! I can't wait to see what we challenge ourselves with for 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment