Baby Bump

Saturday, August 27

Our first house

If you read the little "about me and this blog" section to your right ---> you would know that Steven, my husband, and I currently live in a rent house that I love. I mean I couldn't have asked for a better first home. It has a super large master bedroom, in which I had to put a rug to make it not seem so empty, a second smaller bedroom where ideally I will make art and Steven will study and internet. (more on the art room later!). It has a little kithchen and dining area, a lovely living room, and a MASSIVE backyard. I'm really excited about when the weather cools down and we can actually take advantage of it. Horseshoes and fall cookouts are exactly what my soul needs right now, something easy and breezy and not 106 degrees.... ugh.

But back to the house! The first couple of our friends to get married actually found this house. They lived in it for about 2 years and right around the time Steven and I were going to get married they decided it was time for something bigger...PERFECT! It's so amazing when God works in your life and you can recognize it. This was one of the many blessings we recieved during our time of engagement. So after we got everything signed and sorted out Steven moved in. Luckily we were getting married a month later so he didn't really have time to make it a bachelor pad and I could rightfully but my feminine touch in it!

It's interesting decorating for two. Thankfully, I had lived for a couple of years in an apartment by myself almost for the sole reason that I knew Iwanted a time where I could have all the girly things I could ever think of in one dwelling place. SO, with that being said, I was a little more easy going when he said no to floral and pinks. But finding the right combination of feminine and masculine things that go together is tricky!

But here's my advice:
1: find a color pallet that you like and find masculine/quirky things that fit in them
2: change things around a little each week until you find the border of what you love and what he notices.
(I'm not saying be sneaky or manipulative, but I know if Steven doesn't notice it then it wasn't a big enough change for him to hate it...just sayin'.)

These are just some things that I've found to be helpful in getting the perfect fit between man cave and a boutique, haha.

Sorry for the wordy post, I am just really excited to share with you guys the place Steven and I will make our first memories as husband and wife, and even though it won't be the place where we get a nursery ready or raise our family, it will be a place where we raise ourselves and where we learn who we need to be as real parts of society. It will be a place of getherings and family dinners, and lots of love and laughter, and I'd say that's a pretty good place to be.


Please excuse the empty frames, we're not completely settled in yet

I have a hopefully darling DIY project for that white window...get excited!


These are a just a few of my favorite kithen things!




We love books..... a lot.





Map collage! I feel like they're a happy
compromise between masculine and feminine

my favorite table.
There will be more pictures to come! I just wanted to give you a sneak peek into our humble abode.
Thanks for visiting!
Love-Lea


1 comment: