Baby Bump

Wednesday, March 14

Artful Wednesday


Something I've learned from just doing these few Artful Wednesdays so far is that as an artist I'm not doing nearly enough experimenting and creating. I can blame it on the living situation we're in now, but honestly I had excuses when I had a whole room for my art supplies. I could blame it on the fact that I'm tired after working all day, which may be true, but if it's my passion it shouldn't matter how I feel physically. I am still able to sketch and play around with water colors after a long day. I just don't.

I'm seeing all these artists, some of them as young as I am, making a voice for themselves and making it known. I think I know what my style is, but I couldn't tell you for sure because I haven't experienced what my limits are. I just do what is comfortable. I'm ready for that to change. Not having cable or internet has actually helped a lot. Especially on the weekends! (I'm thinking this might be a good lifestyle change for the future) I currently have 4-ish paintings going right now. Two for commission work and two just for fun, for my husband. I'm hoping I have more motivation and time now that the sun stays out longer. maybe next week's artist spotlight will be me! (Not making any promises though, haha)

_______________________________________________________________________
Today's artist is: Andrea Shear

I just love her use of color and how her paintings have a sense of innocence to them. These are a few of my favorites, but you can see ore of her work here!

I've been thinking about doing some paintings on natural wood. I really love the look of it!



This one is my absolute favorite! Love the colors and just the overall feel of it.


If you're an artist, or actually in anything you have a passion for, I hope you are practicing all the time and pushing yourself to discover where your limits are and what you can actually do.

Happy discovering!
Love-Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment