Baby Bump

Tuesday, January 24

Just a daughter.

This Friday night was the first night Steven and I had spent a part since we got married. Needless to say was quite sad and a little scared to be staying in our house by myself. ( OK a lot scared... I didn't want any one to break in and kidnap me!) So, I decided that it would be a good time to stay with my parents since I know they'd love to have me!

It was actually really nice to just be a daughter again. Since Steven and I didn't think about grabbing our phone chargers our conversations we limited and we both were forced to spend time with the people we were with. ( Weird, right!?) Neither one of us could rush the other because our phones were dead!

Friday after my sweet mama made dinner and we chatted a bit, we went up the hill to watch "The Help" with my grandma. Great movie! I highly recommend it, although these are my favorite types of stories, set in the south, in the 50's with amazing houses and pretty dresses, so I might be a bit biased.



Saturday morning I got to wake up, on the couch, with the sound of my parents talking. I didn't realize how much I missed being home, being the only child, and honestly... being the center of attention, ha!
I got to paint my little heart out all i wanted Saturday morning! Perfect! Since my parents don't have internet or cable ( slightly amish of them, I know) and my phone's battery was on it's last hoorah, there wasn't anything to distract me. I got so much accomplished in just a few hours, just what I needed to boost my artistic confidence!



After painting and chatting all morning with my mom ( my all time favorite person to chat with, next to Steven) My papa bear joined us and we went to lunch as a family and went thrifting for the rest of the afternoon! My dad is such a good sport. I found this lovely little brooch for a mere $5.00! I think it makes quite a lovely addition to the others, don't you think?

                                   




Steven got home late Saturday afternoon from his guys night in Weatherford. Even though I had a great time with my parents I was very excited to be back in our little house with my husband.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Love-Lea

No comments:

Post a Comment