Baby Bump

Tuesday, January 17

Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band.


So, after many, MANY months of not making time to paint things "just for fun" I actually got up the nerve to start on a painting for our living room. ( Actually, after looking at some pictures of things I made while I was in school Steven strongly urged me to get my rear into gear!)  So I set up art camp in the living room so I could hang out with him and watch basketball. We even have the perfect coffee table for arting. The top rises up so it becomes the perfect height for my supplies for me to use.

 It felt so weird to not be worried really about the outcome. If  someone was paying me for it then I'd be stressed and freaked out about how it looked. But since it's just for us I can either use it or hide it if it ends up being a disaster! 

I can already tell that it's going to take some time for me to get used to painting like this again. After over a year of not really experimenting with my painting I can definitely tell! I feel so sad to have pushed my passion out of the way for so long. Yes, I like to be organized, have all of the dishes done, and laundry clean, but what kind of a life is that?? Boring, that's what kind!

I'm not sure how this little guy is going to end up, but I'm hoping it's the beginning of many more "experiments." I will definitely keep everyone updated on the progress, who knows... I might even show you a little sneak peak of my past art work!




1 comment:

  1. Sometimes life gets in the way of passion, we have to stop and make sure we are enjoying it and not just getting through each day. We only get one life and we have to live it to the fullest: be happy, healthy, and make it count!

    ReplyDelete