Baby Bump

Sunday, November 6

Irresponsible...

Selfish, impatient. Those are all things that describe me right now. If you've checked out facebook lately you already know we decided to get Hank. Good decision, bad decision? Not really sure! I have no way of justifying what we decided. I could try but everyone would be able so see right through it. We were just tired of flippy flopping around the decision. If we decided yes, I'd get anxious about money and training. If we decided no, I'd get super sad and just start looking for other dogs. (non of which Steven would've liked) So Friday afternoon I emailed the breeder and told her we had changed our mind, then all night I wondered if we should really go or not. Finally, Saturday morning after laying in bed talking and talking and talking about it, Steven made the executive decision to make the trip to Skiatook to get Hank!

What. A. Drive.

( I know what you're all thinking while you're reading this, "Lea, it really sounds like since you couldn't make up your mind and it was making you anxious that NO was the obvious answer...")

It's not that easy people!! A tiny, precious, wrinkly puppy was involved! I could just see him running around the house, taking naps, and just hanging out with us. ( I could also see him being really demanding and draining some of our bank account.)

Luckily, we'll only have to live like we're poor until our next paycheck, haha. Sure, we may not get to put as much into savings as we normally do, and we're starting over in our student loans fund (which don't have to be paid until January, yay!) but in the end it came down to either paying off student loans two months early, five years down the road, or get Hank now... our decision is obvious.

But much to our delight, he's been the best puppy so far! ( all 28.5 hours haha) He loves his crate, he tells us when he needs to go out, and he sleeps alllllllllll the time. Best 10 week old puppy award goes to Hank!

I really think he'll be good for us though, give us a routine we both desperately need. We need structure! haha The only thing I regret is not praying about it more. We just made a huge, slightly spur of the moment, long term decision without including the One that knows what we really need. This was definitely a lesson learned... I'm just praying that God uses this circumstance to teach us and bless us in other ways. I mean, this could've been his decision all along, I'm sure he would've just liked to have been the one to tell us though.

Sorry this is so long, and I'm really grateful if you've stuck it out this long. I just wanted to share that life happens to everyone and not every decision we make may be carefully thought out and executed, but how are we going to learn anything if we don't "fail" every now and then...

So with out further delay.... I'm proud to announce the newest member of the our household.....
Hank Rockefeller Stone! I hope you love him as much as we do!

 He wasn't so sure if he wanted to come in or not!

After a looooong car ride

Socializing with Roger... they were really indifferent about each other. hah

Hanging out with papa Steve!


One of his many naps today


Happy decision making everyone!
Love-lea

No comments:

Post a Comment