Baby Bump

Thursday, February 23

Thoughtful Thursday



It's absolutely crazy how fast things can change, how fast all the plans you had for your near future, a mere 4 weeks away, can be put on hold or re-routed.

I'm not going to go into details, but over the past week our life has turned upside down and inside out. It's become something totally different than we ever planned, than we ever thought. We're in a position that I never saw us being in, especially the first year of marriage! Now don't worry, our relationship is fine! But things in our life are different, and there may or may not be a plan right now. (I can't really decide if what we're doing is a plan or if it's just our fight or flight coming out, haha)

And even yesterday I went through about 50 different emotions all before lunch time. Feelings of fear, panic, not feeling content (which I hate), feeling like I was making a bad decision, feeling stuck.

But after my lovely walk yesterday at lunch, a nice quiet time between me and God, and a few information filled phone calls things were starting to look up.

I wasn't feeling so trapped anymore, actually the information I got made me more free than I had expected! (which is also scary! haha) I didn't feel like we were making such a bad decision afterall. It might not be the way we had things planned, or even what God had wanted for us, but I do believe with all my heart that he is making everything less painful for us.

I keep reminding myself that none of this is a surprise to God. He knows what's going to happen in a week, or tomorrow, or even 10 minutes from now! What an absolute relief...

I'm just trying to make this a learning experience. It's helping me realize that even though I plan and plan and think and discuss and plan, that doesn't mean any of it HAS to happen. I'm not entitled to anything happening smoothely, as much as I'd like to think I was organized enough to make it go smoothely. It's also helping me realize that nothing is permanent and everything, if looked at through the right lense, can be an adventure!

So here's to us my love, and all of our crazy "adventures"!


Such a pretty day yesterday!

I am definitely going to utilize this walking trail a lot more. It's so nice to have a place to go and be by myself.


I just had to show off my new springtime kicks! Thanks my love!

1 comment: