Baby Bump

Tuesday, September 13

Information Overload

I'm just going to get right down to the point.

I've been so frustrated with myself lately because I have had hardly any motivation to work on anything...ANYTHING! I go to work, get on pinterest or look at artful magazines, and get all of these brilliant ideas and make lists and plans and then.... nothin'. After I get home from work it's like I'm already creatively drained and exhausted. WHY??

The revelation came to me in the magazine section of Target with all of those bright, glossy, inspiring covers just calling out to me. By the time I look at pinterest, art blogs, art magazines, websites, tv shows, etc. there's no room for my thoughts and my creativity. Information overload? Absolutely! So, instead of finding a website or HGTv when I'm bored or just needing something to do I'm actually challenging myself, a week for now but possibly the whole month of September, to stop constantly filling my head with other peoples' ideas and start trying some of my own. Start actually doing something with my hands and problem solving through my issues as an "artist" instead of jumping on google to answer all my questions.

I'm sick and tired of having gobs of inspiration but no motivation. It's time to change that! So here it goes, renewing myself as a creator, an artist, as me. If I can help nurture this little guy  back to life after brutally annihilating it this summer, I can help nurture me back to life.

By the way it now has 5 new blooms on it! Success!
  
Happy motivation!
Love-Lea

2 comments:

  1. hey cutie! so happy to have you following, ya little sweet cheeks.

    You should make something crafty this week! put that pinterest to good use! go out and buy some felt and some yarn.. :) make an Autumn wreath! i found a really cute one you can make on my friend Stela's website..
    check it out, it'd be so simple to do too, and hopefully help you get over those bored blues.

    http://www.stelabird.com/2011/09/make-it-felt-rosette-wreath.html

    she actually has a lot of little diy crafty projects on that little blog of hers. it's just the ticket! :)

    Thanks again for following! i hope to hear more from ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually do have a wreath post that I've been meaning to put up! This is a sign I need to do it...today!

    Oh, and thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete