Baby Bump

Tuesday, June 19

Conversation piece

Operation "Decorate Classroom" is officially underway! I went yesterday and found an old lamp that I thought would look marvelous spray painted.I also got the materials to have a file cabinet overhaul. Hopefully I will get to that tomorrow!

But for now, feast your eyes on project numero uno! ( I started out small just to get myself going. Don't judge!)



Poor little thing just wasn't very attractive. I didn't even realize it was supposed to look like a cactus until the cashier said something about my "cactus lamp." I instantly felt like an old lady with an addiction to southwestern decor. I quickly let him know that I would be spray painting it.



Little did I know that I would fall in love with the "Olive Bright" spray paint at Michael's... womp, womp. Maybe it looks even more like a cactus now. A very bright, festive cactus though! I honestly just thought it was a funky, cool lamp that I could buy for $3. I can hear the students now, "Have you met the new art teacher? The one with that kooky cactus lamp on her desk?" Hopefully they'll trow in there how awesome I am and how art is their all time favorite class. ( I can hope, right?!)

Project list so far:
Scrap paper holder
Desk
Lamp
Cork Boards- 4
Chalkboard-2
Bunting




1 comment: