Baby Bump

Tuesday, June 5

Here we go!


Today is the first day of my work out class. I am on a mission to lose between 18-20 lbs by my birthday (July 1st) and actually enjoy the summer heat by being comfy in my shorts, tanks, and bathing suit! I also want to be in great shape when I start school because I know the last thing I'll want to worry about is whether or not I feel good in my clothes.

I am happy to announce that I have lost 11 lbs. so far since may 1st, so only 7-9 more to go! I am really hoping this exercise class will amp up my weight loss. It won't be anything too intense, but I always say something is better than nothing! I did get to buy a new yoga mat for the class, so that's a plus! It is also one of my resolutions to get healthy and I have slowly, but surely been working that way. Baby steps!

I definitely keep lots of inspiring pictures on hand just to remind me that I can do this! I used to have a couple of these as my screen saver on my phone, but then I just felt creepy, haha. So now I keep them close by so I can look at them when I need encouragment.



Now, I am not living in a fantasy world. I know I won't look like a model in one month. But I know I can make progress and make my body healthier and happier! I don't want to be a stick. I like my 5'1 curvy body, I just need it to be a little tighter, haha.
So if you are one of those people, like me, who wait until summer is here to get into shape, start now! Start today! Even if you just eat less carbs, or do 50 jumping jacks, do it! You've got to start somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. It definitely is easier to be inspired to get in shape when summer comes around. During the cold winter months I have no desire to go outside or do much of anything. In fact I don't like exercise in general, I'm more of a bookworm. I've also decided that this is my summer to get in shape. I'm skinny, I don't need to lose weight, but skinny doesn't mean healthy! So I'm going for bike rides a couple times a week and doing my Pilates DVD to start with! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to get motivated right before it's too late. I'm more of a craft nerd/shopaholic, so that leaves little time or thought for exercise! Haha, Luckily all of my friends are working people now so I have some time before the spontaneous swim dates happen and 4th of July!

      Thanks for following! I look forward to getting to know you :)

      Delete