Baby Bump

Wednesday, June 6

Pinteresting Life

Since moving in with my parents and realizing we were going to be here longer than we thought, I decided I would cook on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This way I still have some of the same responsibilities I had when it was just us and I don't get out of the habit of cooking, haha. I plan during the week what I'll cook for dinner and go shopping on Friday for the next week.  This has seemed to work well so far! I've also decided that I'm going to put my (almost) 24/7 pinteresting to work. Every week I want to cook something delicious I've pinned since most of the time I only dream of incorporating my pins into everyday life. I am really excited about this! My first challenge was the Crockpot Italian Chicken from the-girl-who-ate-everything. Here's what her's looked like:

Delicious, right??

I thought so. So I gave it a go! Here's mine ( a much smaller portion) and the recipe. I used different noodles, but I think it turned out wonderfully!
  • chicken breasts (Her's called for 4, but I put in like 7. I wanted there to be chicken in every bite!)
  • 1 packet dry Zesty Italian dressing
  • 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened (I did not soften mine because I forgot, oops. But It didn't take very long for it to break down on the stove.)
  • 1-2 cans cream of chicken soup (depending how cream cheesy you want it. Of course I wanted mine super creamy, so two it was!)
 
Place the chicken in a crockpot and sprinkle Italian dressing over it.
 
Combine cream cheese and cream of chicken soup in a small pot over low heat and pour over chicken.
 
Cook on low in the crockpot for at least 4 hours. (I would cook on low if you plan on leaving it in there all day. I only had about 4 hours and after the first two and my chicken not cooking as fast as I wanted, I cranked it up to high. And yes, that is the crock pot we use in this house, isn't it great?!)
 
Once chicken is done you can leave the chicken breasts whole, cube it, or even shred it. (I ended up cutting mine into small cubes, that way I could just pour it over the noodles instead of having whole breasts to serve)
 
Once you have cut up the chicken, throw it back in the crockpot and stir into the sauce.
 
If you feel the sauce is too thick you can thin it to your preferred consistency with a little milk. (I thought it was just right! But I do love my sauces thick and creamy!)
 
Serve over pasta or rice.
 
I also added a good dose of pepper and some garlic salt. I thought it needed a liitle something else. I would definitely be up to experimenting with more packages of that italian seasoning.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment